Essential Oils for Weight Loss
Essential oils for weight loss can be part of the package to help your weight loss goals along with a healthy food plan, exercise, hydration, positive thoughts, prayer, support, and I also use EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique in my private practice for those who are struggling with emotional eating.
Using Essential Oils for Weight Loss and Weight Maintenance
The Smell and Taste Treatment and Research Institute of Chicago found that by inhaling an aroma throughout the day, you can inhibit the desire to eat. At the Institute, Dr. Hirsch, in his study, found that the more people used scent to control their appetite, the more weight they lost. He concluded that because the human brain shuts down hunger when exposed to specific scents. When the brain signals being full or a sense of being satisfied, we stop eating. This mechanism can be triggered by the sense of smell. Emotional states can trigger desire for food. Emotional food cravings can be controlled and the feelings by inhaling certain essential oils.
The sense of smell helps increase or decrease appetite and calms irrational emotional responses to food. The sense of smell can give us control instead of depending on our will power. The most important piece of information found in the study at the Institute was to change the essentil oils daily. This prevents the nose from becoming desensitized and thereby reduce the effectiveness of the inhaled essential oils.
How to Use Essential Oils to Keep stop Irrational Hunger
Choose up to three essential oils for weight loss to use per day. Dab a one to three drops of each one of the selected oils on the cotton ball. Hold it near your nose and inhale. If you feel the need for a stronger scent, hold the cotton ball closer to your nose. The more often these oils are used, the more effective they will be at curbing the appetite and calming emotions. Each day change the essential oils and use different ones from the prior day.
Recommended Essential Oils for Weight Loss
- Grapefruit: A natural weight loss appetite suppressant. It can be diluted and massaged onto the skin, bypassing the digestive tract and entering the bloodstream. In the body it dissolves fat by a process called lipolysis.
- Bergamot: Stimulates the endocrine system and thereby increases metabolism. It also creates calm and feelings of well being.
- Combine Lavender with Bergamot to enhance calming effects.
- Tangerine: Water loss and cellulite reduction is possible using tangerine diluted onto the skin as tangerine is a diruetic.
- Orange: Helps overcome depression and gives emotional support. It also has a calming impact on the nervous system.
- Ylang ylang: Assists feeling of well and calm, it can reduce impulses.
- We recommend you begin with peppermint oil. Peppermint provides unique weight loss benefits. Peppermint is also a digestive aid and helps with digestive problems.
Dr . Alan Hirsch’s study found that inhaling Peppermint essential oil can directly affect your brain’s satiety center, the ventro-medial nucleus of the hypothalamus. This powerful essential oil makes you feel full after a meal. The result is that you can eat less and still feel satisfied. Inhale peppermint oil before a meal.
Essential oils are a natural way to suppress appetite and calm emotions as they relate to food and stress. Reaching and maintaining your ideal weight is a very important step towards achieving vibrant health.For more information visit http://biosourcenaturals.com/essential-oils-for-weight-loss.htm Essential oils for weight loss are an important addition to anyone’s weight loss plan.