Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Properties (Eucalyptus globulus)
Refreshing and energizing, eucalyptus globulus is cooling, refreshing. Eucalyptus globulus has a higher 1,8 Cineole content than other eucalyptus oils. Its fresh aroma is deodorizes and to keeps insects at bay.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: China
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Background Information
Eucalyptus is a tree in which the leaves and twigs are collected to extract the essential oil. The leaves (main oil source) are leathery, and fragrant. There are 8 types of Eucalyptus trees that the oil is taken from. The most common is Eucalyptus Globulus. These trees are found exceptional for their oil and their height. They can grow up to 100 feet in just 10 years. It is commonly found in Australia, Tasmania, China, Spain, California, and Brazil. The Aborigines used Eucalyptus as a cure-all, especially for colds. People with poor health, would move to areas full of these trees.
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Eucalyptus globulus opens airways and is antibacterial, antibiotic, antiseptic, and antiviral.* It helps aid arthritis and other aches and pains due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It has abilities to mend the body by relaxing stiff muscles.*
Eucalyptus is known to soothe sore throats, coughs, bronchitis, sinusitis, skin infections, ulcers, sores, and rheumatism. Eucalyptus has more common uses such as stimulating the nervous system, and as a cooling agent. It also rids the areas of insects, and germs.*
Eucalyptus essential oil aids the spirit by disbanding the feelings of melancholy by restoring positive energy. This essential oil soothes the mind by lifting depression and giving a sense of release, as it cleanses cluttered thoughts.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Eucalyptus encourages, liberates, stimulates emotional healing and feelings of wellness. Helpful to those who are attached to illness in identity, clingy, defeated, seek escape, feel powerless.
If using Eucalyptus for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts for Stress Relief and Clearing Generational Patterns which help release these emotional issues.
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Suggestions & Blends
Eucalyptus globulus blends well with bay laurel, bergamot, cypress, cajeput, cedarwood, camphor, German chamomile, Roman chamomile, geranium, ginger root, grapefruit, peppermint, lavender, lemon, juniper, lemongrass, petitgrain, pine, ravensara, rosemary, sage, tea tree, tangerine, thyme.
Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- To clear a depressive mood, vaporize 3 drops of eucalyptus and 4 drops of peppermint
- To rid the mind of clustered thoughts, take a bath with 2 drops of eucalyptus, and 4 drops of frankincense
- To ease breathing during colds and prevent airborne infections, vaporize 3 drops of eucalyptus, and 3 drops of tea tree
- To soothe coughs blend eucalyptus, myrrh, and Himalayan cedarwood and rub it into the chest twice a day
- To unblock the nasal passages, inhale 3 drops of eucalyptus, and 3 drops of lavender
- To relax muscles, mix eucalyptus, ginger, and rosemary and rub it into the sore areas twice a day.
- Used to ease symptoms of congestion
- Serves as a natural insect repellant
- Eucalyptus is ideal as a natural deodorant
- Add this oil to unscented body wash to creates a revitalizing effect
- As a sports rub for sore muscles, eucalyptus blends with ginger and rosemary.
Eucalyptus Globulus Essential Oil Safety Tips
- Avoid if you have high blood pressure or epilepsy.
- Dilute before use; may cause skin irritation in some individuals, so a skin test is recommended prior to use. Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not use with infants or children under ten years of age. Can cause CNS and breathing problems in young children. Keep away from children as even small amounts may be toxic.
- For external use only this is considered toxic if taken internally. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.