Patchouli, Light Essential Oil Properties (Pogostemon cablin)
Distinctly woodsy, herbaceous and musky in aroma, Patchouli essential oil has a satisfying, earthy quality. It is helpful to energetically “ground” a person. A very rich, long-lasting oil. The scent of Patchouli oil will linger longer than most other essential oils. Use sparingly. Patchouli essential oil ages and improves with time. This Patchouli is lighter in scent than our dark patchouli oil.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Concentrated, Light
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Leaves
- Country of Origin: Indonesia
Patchouli, Light Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Patchouli, Light Essential Oil
Patchouli is a vibrant plant, in which its leaves are collected to retrieve the pure essential oil. The plant can grow to be about 3 feet tall. Patchouli’s trees have oblong leaves and light purple flowers. The plant is peculiar in the fact, that it needs full sunlight in order to bring out its scent. Patchouli is widespread in China, Indonesia, Madagascar, and Japan. Arabs used Patchouli to repel fleas, and lice in their beddings and homes. In Latin America, they take a Patchouli leaf and digest it for to cure infections. We now predominantly use the base of Patchouli to make perfumes.
Patchouli, Light Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Patchouli essential oil has been well-known to help support skin inflammation, fungal infections, acne, eczema, and dandruff.* Patchouli is used in many antiseptics, diuretics, and insecticides. This essential oil is used as a nerve stimulant, which unlike many essential oils, prevents sleep.
Patchouli is used in aromatherapy for its properties of antiphlogistic, antidepressant, antiseptic, astringent, aphrodisiac cicatrisant, deodorant, cytophylactic, diuretic, fungicidal. It is a very rich oil with a long-lasting fragrance and striking scent that outlasts most other essential oils.* Its sweet, musky aroma eliminates body odor, and is used in the perfume and cosmetics industries.
Patchouli essential oil aids the spirit by means of constructing a cohesive connection between the soul, body, and mind, as well as centering the spiritual alertness within the body. The mind is affected by patchouli by relieving emotional anxiety, and enhancing sexual energy. Patchouli is a good remedy for various kinds of sexual problems including loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, frigidity and sexual anxiety. It is an oil frequently favored by aromatherapy specialists as it uplifts the mood and drives away disappointment.
Patchouli essential oil is effective for treating constipation and can be used as a temporary salve for insect bites.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Patchouli, Light Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Patchouli grounds, increases body contentment, stability and physical expression. Helpful to those with body shame, feel disconnected from the body, judgmental of the body or have body tension.
If using Patchouli for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts for Sleep and Constipation which help release these emotional (mind/body) issues.
Patchouli, Light Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends
Patchouli blends well with bay laurel, bergamot, black pepper, cajeput, camphor, cardamon, carrot seed, cedarwood, chamomile German, chamomile Roman, cinnamon bark, clary sage, clove bud, eucalyptus globulus, frankincense, geranium, ginger, lavender, lemongrass, myrrh, neroli, pine, orange, rose, sandalwood, sage, spikenard, vetiver essential oils.
- To relieve emotional anxiety, take a bath with 2 drops of patchouli, and 4 drops of neroli.
- To enhance sexual energy, mix patchouli with rose absolute and sweet orange, and apply it to areas of tension.
- To nourish and moisturize mature, dry facial skin, mix patchouli with jasmine absolute and palmarosa, and apply it to your face nightly.
- To aid injured skin, add 2 drops patchouli, 4 drops of myrrh, and 4 drops of frankincense to 4 tsp of skin mousse, and apply it to the affected areas.
Patchouli, Light Essential Oil Safety Tips
- May interfere with blood clotting.
- Avoid if taking anticoagulant medication, major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia, and other bleeding disorders.
- Is naturally yellow and may leave a stain on clothing but will fade. Avoid getting them on your whites.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.