Properties of Rose Absolute Oil (Rosa damascena)
Scent of rose, deep, rich rosey scent with faint peppery note.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated
- Solvent Extracted from Flowers
- Country of Origin: Bulgaria
Rose Absolute Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Rose Absolute Oil
Rosa damascena, common in Bulgaria, is used extensively in perfumes. The process of preparing rose oils can be very labor intensive with the rose petals being picked before the sun is up. Extraction must occur within the same day to achieve high quality extracts. This contributes to the reason why rose oils are expensive.
Rose Absolute Oil Uses and Benefits
Rose absolute oil contains compounds with properties which uplift moods and help ease depressive emotions. Rose is a helpful aid for increasing emotional openness to receiving and giving love. Rose oil helps release fear of intimacy.
Rose oils are a potent aphrodisiac with arousal occurring from just the aroma of the oil. This oil has been shown to reduce symptomatic erectile dysfunction and low libido.*
A common use of rose oil in aromatherapy is to support the reduction of stress, causing general muscle relaxation and the invocation of a sense of well being.
Rose oils are also medicinal serving as potent antivirals, antibacterial and antiseptic agents. It has also been shown to lessen digestive spasms and severe muscular contractions.* Other uses of this oil include serving as a laxative and generally helping the digestive system.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Rose Absolute Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Rose increases the receiving of divine love, feelings of empathy, acceptance, healing, compassion and helps those with a broken heart or closed heart or who do not feel a divine connection.
If using Rose for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts for Open Heart and Forgiveness which help release these emotional issues.
Rose Absolute Oil Uses and Benefits / Blends
- One drop rose absolute oil plus two drops of sandalwood plus two drops of frankincense essential oils and 1 oz of carrier oil. This should be applied at night after cleansing.
- One drop rose absolute oil plus two drops frankincense essential oil and 2 drops bergamot essential oil.
Rose Absolute Oil Safety Tips
- Do not use while pregnant or nursing.
- If you have had a history of health problems, consult your physician before use.
- Rose absolute oil should not be used in the eyes or ear canals.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oil.