Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Properties (Foeniculum vulgare)
If you like the smell of anise star essential oil but find it a bit too strong, sweet fennel essential oil is a good alternative. Sweet fennel essential oil has a floral scent with an herbal top note and anise-like aroma. Its main qualities are warming and drying.
- 100% Pure, Concentrated, Undiluted
- Therapeutic Quality
- Steam Distilled from Seeds
- Country of Origin: Hungary
Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Packaged
Amber glass bottle with Euro dropper. Tamper proof safety seal. Shrink wrapped.
Background Information on Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil
Fennel is an herb, in which the essential oil is collected from its seeds. It is most commonly found in Japan, India, Mediterranean, Russia, Romania, and Northern Europe. The Greeks and Romans of ancient times used Fennel to lose weight, and a sense of courage. The Hindus and Chinese used the oil as anti-venom for snakes and scorpions, and were grown in all of the imperial gardens in the reign of Emperor Charlemagne. Today, they still use Fennel as an amazing anti-venom.
Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Uses and Benefits
Sweet fennel essential oil supports the kidney’s discharge of surplus fluids,* and alleviates water tension, making it a great slimming aid.* When fennel seeds are chewed they are a digestive tonic. The oil from the seeds inspire and kindle hormones that make PMS and menopausal symptoms easier to tolerate.*
Fennel is well known to aid in digestive problems, menopausal problems, obesity, constipation, kidney stones, and nausea.* The oil and the seeds themselves have been used as a proven diuretic. This herb is notorious for warming, and improving circulation, digestion, breathing, and lactation. Fennel aids in the reduction of cellulite, stress (promoting sleep), flatulence, and menstrual discomfort.*
Fennel has the capability to strengthen your spirit by taking action as it can heighten stamina to allow you to follow your chosen path. This essential oil promotes positive thinking, and can balance mood swings.
See our references at the bottom of this page for additional information.
*This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease.
Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Uses and Benefits / Emotional Wellness Properties
Fennel helps one feel in tune with the body, mature and responsible. Helpful to those who are unwilling to take responsibility for self, feel shame or do not pay attention to body signals.
If using Fennel for emotional wellness, try using it with our free EFT Tapping scripts for Stress Relief, Courage and Clarity and Precious which help release these emotional issues.
Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Suggestions / Blends
Sweet Fennel essential oil is a wonderful touch for soaps and hair products due to its delicate green undertones that balance the sweet scent. It blends well with essential oils of: fir, basil, bay laurel, bergamot, black pepper, camphor, cardamon, carrot seed, cinnamon, cypress, eucalyptus globulus, geranium, grapefruit, juniper, lavender, lemon, marjoram, myrrh, orange, patchouli, pine, rose, rosemary, sandalwood, tangerine, ylang ylang.
Dilute with carrier oil for direct skin contact.
- To promote positive thinking, vaporize 3 drops fennel with 3 drops sweet orange
- To gain a balance in mood swings, bathe in 2 drops fennel with 4 drops palmarosa
- To retrieve more “normal” periods, mix fennel, rose, and bergamot then apply to your abdomen daily.
- For energizing chakras, rub fennel onto the soles of your feet.
- For anti-wrinkle moisturizer, mix five drops of fennel with five drops of lavender and five drops of rose essential oils with one ounce of carrier oil.
Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Safety Information
- Do not use on sensitive skin.
- Avoid if you have cancer.
- Do not use if pregnant, breastfeeding, have endometriosis, estrogen-dependent cancers, or on children under five years of age.
- Do not use if taking diabetes medication, anticoagulant medication, having major surgery, peptic ulcer, hemophilia, other bleeding disorders.
- For external use only. See our Safety Information page for further details when using essential oils.
Fennel (Sweet) Essential Oil Reviews
“Love it “ – J. Cords
“Very fast service and very well packaged thank you.” [translated from Spanish] – M. Beben
“Product arrived timely and intact.” – R. Kincade